Meet Dr. Ricaurte
Melanie Ricaurte, Psy.D., M.Ed.
Clinical Director of Harmony Holistic
AASECT Certified Sex Therapist
AASECT Certified Sex Therapy Supervisor
Dr. Melanie Ricaurte is the Clinical Director of Harmony Holistic. She is a licensed Psychologist, AASECT Certified Sex Therapist, and AASECT Certified Sex Therapy Supervisor. She is also certified as a Prepare/Enrich provider for premarital therapy and recently became certified as an NGH Hypnotherapist. Dr. Ricaurte has her Psy.D in Clinical Psychology and M. Ed in Human Sexuality from Widener University. She graduated from Cornell University with a B.S. in Human Biology, Health and Society and is interested in the intersection between biological and social factors and how such factors relate to mental health and illness. Dr. Ricaurte has worked with diverse individual of different races, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations in a variety of settings including inpatient hospitals and outpatient clinics as well as universities.
Dr. Ricaurte is fluent in Spanish both written and spoken and welcomes the chance to work with Spanish speaking clients. She is an advocate, educator, and therapist, focusing her work on issues related to human sexuality, marriage equality, and human rights. Dr. Ricaurte has conducted research on factors that influence relationship satisfaction, conflict, and compromise among interfaith couples. A focus of her work is on helping individuals and couples navigate the challenges faced when different aspects of their identity are in conflict. Dr. Ricaurte welcomes people of all religious faiths, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, erotic orientations, and lifestyles. She offers a warm and collaborative approach to therapy. Dr. Ricaurte works to help individuals, couples, and families lead healthier lives and build stronger relationships.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology and M.Ed. in Sexuality from Widener University
- B.S. in Human Biology, Health and Society from Cornell University
- AASECT Certified Sex Therapist
- AASECT Certified Sex Therapy Supervisor
- Prepare and Enrich Facilitator
- NGH Certified Consulting Hypnotist
- Works with diverse individuals of different races, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations
• Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology and M.Ed. in Sexuality from Widener University
• B.S. in Human Biology, Health and Society from Cornell University
• AASECT Certified Sex Therapist
• AASECT Certified Sex Therapy Supervisor
• Prepare and Enrich Facilitator
• NGH Certified Consulting Hypnotist
• Works with diverse individuals of different races, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations