Continuing Education Training for Therapists
Harmony Holistic is an approved sponsor of continuing education credits for the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT).
On Demand Videos Available for Purchase
Couples, Sex Therapy, and Insurance Billing: Myths and Solutions
Presenters: Dr. Melanie Ricaurte, Psy.D., M.Ed. and Taylor Sherman, B.B.A., BCH, CI
Recorded Video. 2 Hours, 13 minutes. $85.
Is couples therapy ever covered by insurance? How about sex therapy? Many clients, upon calling their insurance to verify coverage, will get the answer that couples therapy is NOT covered, and that their plan does not include sexual issues.
When clinicians try to bill insurance for couples therapy (this includes superbills by OON practices), many of them do it in a way that is liability producing, that could get them embroiled in lawsuits, or in trouble with their professional boards.
In this CE event, learn what you can do in your practice to have insurance cover couples and sex therapy sessions while ethically meeting the standards of care.
- Overview of typical insurance billing for couples
- Identifying your client for insurance and out of network billing
- Legal and ethical provisions surrounding who the identified client is in a couple
- Core issues that can arise when working with couples and sex therapy clients: Malpractice, Insurance Fraud, and Information Blocking
- HIPAA overview regarding couples and sex therapy
- Federal law and sample state laws for records releases
- Group discussion and case examples
- Q&A by presenters
Continuing Education Credits
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 2 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
To purchase this course, contact us at [email protected] and we’ll email you a payment link along with directions to access it.