Meet Zachary Berman
Zachary Berman, LGMFT, MS
Licensed Graduate Marriage and Family Therapist Prepare and Enrich Certified Facilitator
Zack Berman is a Licensed Graduate Marriage and Family Therapist who believes that great therapeutic outcomes start with a strong therapeutic alliance. Zack’s style is warm and candid, inviting clients into an environment where they can be authentically themselves. Zack offers his clients an affirming, improvisational space in which they can feel safe to express uncomfortable truths and begin to play with new solutions. He often collaborates with clients on impromptu experiential exercises, utilizing a strengths-based stance to empower them to reach their goals. As a couple and family therapist, Zack is a systemically-oriented clinician specializing in relationships. He incorporates a strong focus on exploring and addressing the influence of intergenerational patterns.
Zack has worked extensively with clients from a diverse array of backgrounds and lifestyles, collaborating with them to shape the therapeutic setting to their specific needs. He has strong experience working with clientele in LGBTQ+, consensually non-monogamous, and kink communities. Zack offers individual, couple, and family therapy for adults, young adults, and adolescents.
Zack received his Masters of Science in Couple and Family Therapy from University of Maryland, College Park and is currently pursuing a PhD in the Family Science department. Before his graduate career, he worked as a rehabilitation counselor for clients with severe mental health issues for 5 years.
- M.S. in Couple and Family Therapy from the University of Maryland
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Family Science at University of Maryland
- Prepare and Enrich Certified Facilitator
- Training in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Motivational Interviewing
- Client-centered approach focused on relationships
Some of the models Zack incorporates into his practice include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) and other mindfulness-based approaches, family systems theory, attachment-based therapies, and sex therapy. He looks forward to helping clients with issues related to anxiety, depression, self-worth, couple and family connection and conflict, marital and premarital concerns, individual and relational sexual concerns, adult and adolescent identity issues, and more.
Zack is practicing under the supervision of Robin Smith (License #LCM586).
• MS in Couple and Family Therapy from the University of Maryland
• Currently pursuing Ph.D. in Family Science at University of Maryland
• Prepare and Enrich Certified Facilitator
• Training in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Motivational Interviewing
• Client-centered approach focused on relationships